Thursday, 14 September 2023

 Hi all,

It was been a busy couple of weeks so I thought I would check in with an update.

A couple of weeks ago, while the weather was still hot, me and TJ went around town handing out water. We handed out 22 bottles of water in under two hours, even only giving one bottler per person. (We had also taken some dog food with us but for once no dogs) After that amount of time walking around in the hot sun, we pulled into a café for a drink and some respite from the heat, grateful we were able to do so after talking to so many without this option.

Last Thursday I spent the day in court supporting a homeless friend (J) who had been picked up for begging. I will write a fuller account of this shortly as there is quite a bit of info.

I have started talking to a new guy (JA) outside a local shop. He asked me for change but I had no coins on me. I explained this but offered to get him something from the shop. He then asked if he gave me £3 would I be happy to get £5 cashback. As he gave me the £3 first, I admit I was touched by the act of trust and did so. As I gave him the money back I did warn him that some people may have not been so honest.

I haven’t seen D or S around for some time. I also have not seen Miss G this year. That one worries me a little more as she is normally sat in the safe place most of the summer. I know her partner died during lockdown and wonder if that has anything to do with the change. I do still see Miss S around a lot at the mo. We chat often and she likes to get a hug.

I am thinking about seeing if I can monetize this blog. If anyone has any comments about this please let me know. I don’t think you can subscribe to this blog (if this is incorrect please can someone let me know in the comments below or e mail me) but not sure yet if this is a problem or not.

I had better stop there before this becomes an essay. I need to get my crochet hook going ready for winter. I only have 2 blankets made up so far in stock and as I know from last year, people on the streets were not the only people that were crying out for these last year.

Thank you for reading.

 

My e mail for this project is beafriendlyface@yahoo.com. Please get in touch if you have spare wool or items for the project, would like to come out on a homeless run, share an experience or would like more information on this project.

Or just to say hi – it nice to know people are reading.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Hi all, I am please to say I have a stall selling my crafts on Beckett Park on 23th June. The Annual Picnic and Concert will run 1 - 5. A...